[Mailman-Users] Run a script when new lists are created

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sat Feb 12 13:15:01 CET 2005

also sprach Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> [2005.02.12.0156 +0100]:
> In mm_cfg.py, you set MTA = 'SomeName'. Then you create a python
> script Mailman/MTA/SomeName.py with a create() and a remove()
> function and these are called respectively whenever a list is
> created or removed. See the existing Mailman/MTA/Manual.py and
> Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py scripts for examples.

Uh, what does the MTA have to do with creation of the list? I know,
/etc/aliases, but maybe it's a little misleading to speak of an MTA?

Couldn't this be changed to be a generic hook interface which then
could be used by the Postfix code to create aliases?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

a qui sait comprendre, peu de mots suffisent.
                                                 -- intelligenti pauca