[Mailman-Users] Mailman with os x server won't create first list

Harry Mueller hmueller at ctems.net
Sat Feb 12 12:50:42 CET 2005

On Sat, February 12, 2005 4:08 am, Michael Curtis said:

> 	I have now installed 3 os x servers and everytime Mailman has failed
> on the first install. When I make the first list I tick the box to turn
> on the service. I enter and password and admin email address. I then
> save the changes and the list disappears.

You mean in the Server Admin GUI?

> 	I have checked permissions, the Apple way and the Mailman command >
line way. What is weird is that the overview under mail via the GUI
will >  say the service is disabled, but the tick box will stay ticked.

Have you tried configuring Mailman from the web interface or from the
command line? I have had great success when the GUI has been
uncooperative.

> 	On each machine that has had this issue, I have formatted and
> re-installed and each time it then works. I have had this issue with
> all versions of the os 10.3.1 up to 10.3.8.

This makes me wonder if there isn't a file corrupted, missing, or
misconfigured. Definitely try configuring from the web interface and/or
command line and see if this makes any difference.

Regards,
  Harry