[Mailman-Users] Changing my DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 12 01:04:01 CET 2005

david gordon wrote:

>There are two questions here really: How do I ensure that the default
>email address is my-domain.co.uk and not my-domain.my-old-host.co.uk?
>(Note that mail from the list does come from my-domain.co.uk but I
>believe that's a change I made in the web admin panel.)

See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp
In particular the part about fix_url and existing lists.

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.021.htp

>Final related question, does Defaults.py get the DEFAULT_SERVER_NAME from
>my Apache httpd.conf during the install.

What Mailman version is this? There is no DEFAULT_SERVER_NAME in
current Defaults.py. FAQ 4.29 may not be relevant to your version
depending on how old it is.