[Mailman-Users] Digests sent out with wrong timestamp

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Sun Feb 6 22:37:27 CET 2005

Brad:

It seems to be worse than not having the date set.  The MTA itself is behaving very badly by
setting the sent date to 0 seconds since the January 1, 1970 (standard zero time in UNIX).

The chances that ALL messages are dated January 1, 1970 because of a time synchronization
problem are pretty slim, since machines don't default to much later dates than 1990 now-a-days.

Whomever wrote that MTA did a poor job of handling a "no Date" header" situation.

Jeff G.

--
Law of Procrastination:
         Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has