[Mailman-Users] Digests sent out with wrong timestamp

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Feb 6 19:23:26 CET 2005

At 11:35 AM +0100 2005-02-06, Torsten Ehlers wrote:

>  When I tell Mailman to receive my mails from a list in a daily digest
>  I receive this digest but the header of the digest mail does not contain
>  a Date line, i.e. the Mails are shown in my mail client with the date
>  January 1st 1970. How can this be fixed?

	Mailman 2.1.5 does not include a Date: header on the messages it
sends out.  Since this header is required by the SMTP RFCs, it is up
to the MTA to put an appropriate Date: header onto the outgoing
message.  The server for your MTA must have an incorrectly set clock.

	I suggest that you have that machine configured to run "ntpd",
suitably configured.  There's some information at
<http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/WebHome> to help you get this
going.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755