[Mailman-Users] Is anyone using the SpamAssassin.py and spamd.pyhandlers?

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Sun Feb 6 22:10:02 CET 2005

> Installed the patches, put the right things in mm_cfg.py:
>
> GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'SpamAssassin')
> SPAMASSASSIN_HOST = 'wingfoot.org'
> SPAMASSASSIN_DISCARD_SCORE = 7.5
> SPAMASSASSIN_HOLD_SCORE = 5.0
> SPAMASSASSIN_MEMBER_BONUS = 3
>
> And, restarted mailman. In my logs, when I post something to a test list I
> have, in my error log:
>
> Feb 06 14:30:54 2005 (98035) spamd: could not connect to spamd on
> wingfoot.org
>
> (Yes, all other mail is being piped through spamc/d, so it is running, and
> able to be connected to...)
>
> Has anyone managed to get this stuff running on 2.1.5?

Glenn, I have it working, and I'm a major newbie.  Here's my mm_cfg.py
snippet:

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'SpamAssassin')
SPAMASSASSIN_HOST = 'localhost'
SPAMASSASSIN_DISCARD_SCORE = 500
SPAMASSASSIN_HOLD_SCORE = 3
SPAMASSASSIN_MEMBER_BONUS = 0
#
# Scan messages for viruses using Clam AntiVirus
GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'ClamScan')
CLAMAV_DISCARD = 0
CLAMAV_CLAMDSCANPATH = '/usr/bin/clamdscan'

spamd.py and spamassassin.py are in my /var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers
directory.  In a separate email I will send you my .py files so you can
compare - I didn't alter mine.  I started out with the FAQ like you, so I
assume I got mine from the same place you did.

Both Spamassassin and ClamAV work great.  My spam and viruses are held for
moderation, consistent with the settings above.  The only thing I've noticed
is that the first email to hit Mailman after a reboot will leave a zombie
process related to clamscan.  However, the email is processed properly and
subsequent email doesn't leave further zombies.  If anyone knows what's up
with that, please let me know.

Glenn, hope this helps you somehow.  - John