[Mailman-Users] Is anyone using the SpamAssassin.py and spamd.py handlers?

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Sun Feb 6 20:40:17 CET 2005

I'm running 2.1.5 on FreeBSD, with SpamAssassin 3.0.1_2.

I followed the instructions from the FAQWizard,
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.023.htp

I went to #2: Using patches by Jon Parise located at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=640518&group_id=103&atid=300103
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=640518&group_id=103&atid=300103>
as described at http://www.jamesh.id.au/articles/mailman-spamassassin/

Installed the patches, put the right things in mm_cfg.py:

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'SpamAssassin')
SPAMASSASSIN_HOST = 'wingfoot.org'
SPAMASSASSIN_DISCARD_SCORE = 7.5
SPAMASSASSIN_HOLD_SCORE = 5.0
SPAMASSASSIN_MEMBER_BONUS = 3

And, restarted mailman. In my logs, when I post something to a test list
I have, in my error log:

Feb 06 14:30:54 2005 (98035) spamd: could not connect to spamd on
wingfoot.org

(Yes, all other mail is being piped through spamc/d, so it is running,
and able to be connected to...)

Has anyone managed to get this stuff running on 2.1.5? What I'd think
would be a nice solution is to somehow figure out how to modify the
postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py script to pipe things through procmail, where
I could have it run through spamc. But, the examples in faq 4.23 are A)
for postfix and B) I have no idea how I'd do this in the
postfix-to-mailman-2.1 script. :-/

Thanks in advance...
Best,
Glenn
(who's starting to see more and more spam hitting my list domain... grr)

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759