[Mailman-Users] newbie question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 1 20:41:57 CET 2005

Julie S. Lin wrote:

>can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm getting "no publicly
>advertised lists" via web interface, however when I run the cgi manually, I
>see my lists. i'm also unable to create a list via web interface

If you are not using multiple domains, set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py. This will allow all public lists to appear on the
listinfo page regardless of whether the "host" of the web page matches
the "host" of the list.

Depending on what the error is that prevents your creating lists from
the web, it may fix that too. It will if the reason is that the "host"
of the create web page doesn't match any of the url hosts in the
VIRTUAL_HOSTS dictionary.

>i am also using a proxy in front of the
>mail server.

It may be that the proxy is causing the web page "host" name seen by
the software to be different from what you are using to access the
pages and causing these problems.