[Mailman-Users] Next step, Announce Only

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Dec 19 20:43:19 CET 2005

Julia Frizzell wrote:

>But it's still not working. I'm afraid that I'm getting confused with
>the wording in the FAQ above. The new file is located in
>/private/var/mailman/lists/<listname>/en/templates/subscribeack.txt.
>Is this the proper location?

No. The proper location in your case is
/private/var/mailman/lists/<listname>/en/subscribeack.txt

Note that in Mailman 2.1.6 and later, you can edit this template via
the web admin interface via the 'Edit the public HTML pages and text
files' link.

Also see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>
for more detailed info about where edited templates go.