[Mailman-Users] [Mailman] Cron <mailman at college> /usr/bin/python -S, /usr/share/mailman/cron/gate_news

Michael Bonanno mbonanno at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 19 17:40:03 CET 2005

I have been get an this email message, as a member of the "mailman" list
on my server, every 5 minutes.

subject:
[Mailman] Cron <mailman at college> /usr/bin/python -S
/usr/share/mailman/cron/gate_news

body:
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: Permission denied

I have run check_perms -f, but to no avail.  I'm sure there is some kind
of permissions issue with the mailman user.  I'm using Mac OS X server
10.3.9 and the using the Apple built-in mailman server.

Anyone have any ideas?  Or is this a problem with the cron daemon?

Michael