[Mailman-Users] Errors with fcron jobs

Hugo Villeneuve hugo at hugovil.com
Sun Dec 18 20:17:42 CET 2005

Hi,

	I'm using fcron to schedule the mailman jobs. I configured fcron to run the mailman jobs as the mailman user (fcrontab -u mailman...). I also created the mailman user with no login shell (/bin/false), similar to what is suggested in the mailman installation manual.

	When the mailman jobs are run by fcron, an exit status of 1 is returned. I have found that if I replace the "/bin/false" shell entry with "/bin/sh" for the mailman user in the /etc/passwd file, fcron correctly runs the mailman jobs.

	What can be wrong with my setup?

	Hugo V.