[Mailman-Users] Virtual Host sending problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 16 03:33:15 CET 2005

Julia Frizzell wrote:

>In looking at the SMTP error log, this is what I'm seeing for the error:
>
>Dec 15 14:54:53 list postfix/lmtp[27282]: 88BFD47E63:
>to=<***@***.***.***>, relay=none, delay=1641, status=deferred
>(connect to /var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/imap/socket/lmtp]: No such
>file or directory)
>
>And sure enough, if I go into that directory, there is no lmtp file
>or directory in that spot.
>
>But, since Mailman *is* working for the non-virtual host, I think
>I've just misconfigured something somewhere, or left out a step.

I'm not a sendmail person so I can't help directly with the required
incantations, but the issue is that sendmail is trying to deliver
mailman mail for the virtual host via lmtp instead of via the mailman
aliases.

You need to tell sendmail to look first at the mailman aliases that
pipe mail to the mailman mail wrapper before trying normal delivery
for this host.