[Mailman-Users] Withlist Errors

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 15 16:50:46 CET 2005

Robert Haack wrote:

>Okay I got this part resolved but when I run the program it prints out
>the initial value 150.  I then change the value to 100 and print it out
>and it shows me 100.  If I then go look at the list or run the program
>again I find that my initial value is still there.  I've tried this
>while logged onto the web based page and when I'm not logged in and I
>get the same results.  The program is exactly as it is above.

I'm confused.

The cng_no_recipents() function in the withlist script doesn't print
any max_num_recipients values. Where are you seeing these 'prints'?

Do you perhaps have a cached page in your browser that's showing and or
setting the 'old' value?

BTW, for this specific example you might just as easily use
bin/config_list with an input file containing

max_num_recipients = 100

even if you ultimately plan to do it for all lists. It comes down to
whether it's easier to write a python script to do the change via
withlist vs. a shell or other script to run config_list for all lists.