[Mailman-Users] Uncaught bounce notifications

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Wed Dec 14 20:26:48 CET 2005

Hello,

       This one is a little bit old but I thought I would add to
this thread anyhow. It appears that the problem with the "uncaught
bounce notifications" was with the mail client the user had been using.
The mail client that had this issue is named "Compoze" and is available
through our Web portal. When the user hit the "reply" button in Compoze,
the To: field was  listname-bounces at list.odu.edu address.

       As a test case, I sent some mail to a test list serve I created
"odutest at list.odu.edu" that had 2 email addresses (my own and a
colleague) subscribed to it. I gathered results from 3 mailers: Lotus
Notes (which is the school's supported mail client), Compoze and
Evolution (my mail client) and what was returned when I clicked on the
"Reply" button and on the "Reply to all" button for each mail clients
after receiving mail. It is surprising how 3 mail clients came up with
different results by clicking on these buttons.

Lotus Notes