[Mailman-Users] Need some migration help on OS X

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Dec 14 00:34:52 CET 2005

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>I asked this a couple of weeks ago and did not get a response so I
>apologize for reposting but I need to get this fixed.

I don't know about any post from a couple of weeks ago - couldn't find
one in the archives - but a similar post from last Friday just hit the
list after being queued at xserveoda.aimaudit.com for 4 days.

>I migrated my mailing lists to a new server following the
>instructions on the mailman web site. The problem I am having is that
>all messages posted to lists on the new server are forwarded to the
>old server for some reason (which, of course, prevents distribution
>since the old server is gone). I cannot find why but it has to be
>some kind of config issue. Could someone please point me in the right
>direction on this? TIA.

Presumably the new server has new domain names. Did you run fix_url on
your old lists as discussed in the FAQ
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp>?

Your other post mentions the list owner. Did the domain of this address
change? If so, you can change owner (and moderator if any) addresses
via the list admin web interface.

If you're running the Apple installed Mailman on OSX server, there is
also some Apple GUI for administering things, but few people on this
list know anything about it.