[Mailman-Users] Searchable Archives

Moss, Patricia pmoss at fcg.com
Tue Dec 13 16:00:25 CET 2005

I am running mailman version 2.1.5-33 on a RedHat Linux ES4.0 server.

I would like to make my archives searchable.

I found some information in the Mailman FAQ Wizard that pointed me to a
patch.

Note:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=htdig&querytype=simple&ca
sefold=yes&req=search (Patch number: htdig-2.1.5-0.1.patch.gz )

I downloaded the patch, but couldn't find any doc on how to apply this
patch to an already existing installation.

My Mailman install was done via an RPM, so I do not have a "build"
directory.

Is there another way to apply this patch or are there other means by
which to make my archives searchable?  Thanks.

Pati Moss

Unix Systems Administrator

"UNIX is user friendly. It's just picky about who it's friends with."

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.