[Mailman-Users] Edit multiple users

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 13 18:48:09 CET 2005

Dave B wrote:

>I have approximately 30 people who are subscribed to anywhere from 1 to
>12 lists who have changed their domain from a.com to a .org. Is there a
>way to change all email addresses in all lists with their current
>domain to their new domain.

Not directly, but ...

>I can probably write a php script that
>breaks up the string returned by find_member and then loops through and
>removes each member from each list and then adds them back with new
>address but I wanted to check and see if there is some built in way to
>do this in Mailman?
>
>Also, is there a command in /bin for editing a user?

bin/clone_member will do most of what you want, but you'll have to run
it 30 times in a shell or other script that loops through a list of
the old/new addresses and runs the command once per user.

If you meant that question in general, then no, there isn't a bin/
script (other than withlist) for changing user options in general.