[Mailman-Users] Mailman & Zope

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Dec 13 17:49:11 CET 2005

    John> How do I configure a Mailman list for a website which is
    John> Zope based?

    John> I guess some entries in Apaches configuration file need to
    John> distinguish between Zope based pages and Apache pages for a
    John> given virtual host, but I've no idea how to do this.

What do you mean by "Zope-based"?  The simple way to run Zope uses
Zope's built-in webserver; there _is no_ Apache there.  I hope that's
not what you mean, as far as I can see trying to run Mailman in that
environment would be a world of pain.

It is very common to run Zope "behind" another webserver, such as
Apache.  I suppose that's what you mean, and "Zope-based" means that
the Apache DocumentRoot is Zope's /?  I haven't tried it, but as long
as the URLs Mailman needs are not already present in Zope, you should
be able to just ignore Zope and use a ScriptAlias to point to
Mailman's CGI and an Alias to point to the archives (if you're using
archives), as documented.  (Even if the URLs are present, Mailman
should work but Zope content will be shadowed.)