[Mailman-Users] Virtual domains

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Aug 19 19:28:09 CEST 2005

Forrest Aldrich wrote:

> From what I gather, my scenario will require
>
>add_virtualhost('www.ourdomain.com', 'newdomain.com')

Do not do this. As I have tried to point out in two previous posts in
this thread including the one you quote below. This will not work. If
you add the above in mm_cfg.py, it will REPLACE the

entry, which is effectively

add_virtualhost('www.ourdomain.com', 'ourdomain.com')

with the entry

add_virtualhost('www.ourdomain.com', 'newdomain.com')

because the keys ('www.ourdomain.com') are the same. What you want to
do is just leave

as the only entry and create the user-discuss list and after it is
created, go to its General options admin page and change "Host name
this list prefers for email. (host_name)" from ourdomain.com to
newdomain.com.

If you do put

add_virtualhost('www.ourdomain.com', 'newdomain.com')

in mm_cfg.py, all subsequently created lists will be created with a
host_name of newdomain.com.