[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe Options

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Tue Aug 16 08:32:13 CEST 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, at 10:24, Bob Morgan wrote:
> [...]
> second system, I'd like to be able to unsubscribe _without_ going
> to the
> http://domain.org/mailman/options/maillist_domain.org page.  I'd
> like for
> the unsubscribing user to simple get their Email and reply to the
> Email to
> get fully unsubscribed.

Your users should be able to unsubscribe by mailing to the listname-
request at example.com address with the Subject: unsubscribe (as
indicated in the headers of each of the list messages).  They can
also mail to listname-unsubscribe or listname-leave addresses.

>   Shortof being able to do this, I'd like to be able
> to customize the /options/ page to make it more user friendly;
> however, I
> don't know how to do that.

If know a way to make it more user friendly, you can edit the options
page for your list using the administrative web interface.  Beneath
the "Edit the public HTML pages and text files" item of the "Other
Administrative Actions" list you will find a link that will let you
edit the "User specific options" page.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/