[Mailman-Users] Got noticed when a mail has been sent

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Aug 12 21:00:01 CEST 2005

At 1:17 PM +0200 2005-08-12, Webmaster TIS wrote:

>  I would like to got noticed, as admin, when Mailman has finished to
>  send a post to a list.  Is there a way to do that in mailman?

	In Mailman?  No, not without modifying the source code.  You
could write a cron job, or a log-watching script, but whatever you do
will require some extra code.

>  If not, how can I extract this info from the smtp log file of Mailman?
>  Because I saw there was a line saying
>  "Aug 08 17:31:14 2005 (6695) <0.123456789.AB12CDEFE at domain.com> smtp for
>  10045 recips, completed in 2854.373 seconds".  But how can I extract the
>  right information not knowing the number of the post?

	Mailman doesn't log as much information as would be required to
make this job easy.  You'll have to track message-ids for inbound and
outbound processes, and try to correlate the two.  And even that may
not be enough.

>  How is this number generated?

	That number is generated based on the number of recipients on the
mailing list, whether or not personalization is turned on, how many
recipients receive digests as opposed to individual messages, etc....

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755