[Mailman-Users] How can our MM site admin see unadvertised lists via web interface?

Steve Rifkin steve410 at cs.jhu.edu
Wed Aug 10 14:28:31 CEST 2005

>	As site admin, you should have command-line access to the server,
>or at least be able to remember what private lists you've created.

Remember, it's not me being a list admin, but rather a site admin that's the
issue.  As a site admin, I wouldn't necessarily know all the many lists that our
list admins would decide to make private.  Actually, as a site-admin, I wouldn't
necessarily know all the public lists too.  I'd have to have a list available to
me (we could potentially have dozens of lists made where the list admins would
choose whether to advertise the list or not), and I was hoping I'd have that
list available through a password-protected webpage, especially since there are
other pages that require the site admin to log in within Mailman (specific list
maintenance, etc.)

But, yes, having a command-line-access to the server would be the only way for
the site admin to have a complete set of lists (advertised and non-advertised.)

>	But you are right that this would be a nice feature.  Please feel
>free to go to the SourceForge Mailman Request for Enhancement page at
><http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=350103> and file
>an RFE.

Brad, thanks for all the info.  I appreciate it.

Steve