[Mailman-Users] No mbox / No Archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Aug 1 03:11:15 CEST 2005

Michael J McCafferty wrote:

>         I have created the directories and run check_perms -f  to make
>sure it's all ok. now all I gotta do is wait for some posts to the lists
>(they are not my lists) to see if it works.
>
>At 05:11 PM 7/31/2005 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
<snip>
>>Normally, the list creation process creates the
>>archives/private/listname/listname.mbox/ directory and the first
>>archived message creates the
>>archives/private/listname/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file.

Perhaps you noticed the error in the above and weren't misled by it,
but I gave the wrong path for the .mbox files.

The archive directory structure is in archives/private/listname, but
the cumulative mbox file is in
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox, NOT in
archives/private/listname/listname.mbox/listname.mbox.

Sorry for any confusion.