[Mailman-Users] No mbox / No Archives

Michael J McCafferty mike at m5computersecurity.com
Mon Aug 1 02:48:53 CEST 2005

Mark,
         Thanks for the rapid reply.
         I am not using SELinux (doesn't come in RHEL3 or CentOS 3.x)
         The lists were recovered from only partial backups (the customer
only provided the /var/mailman/lists directory, and nothing else.) So, if
the place for the mbox files were created only during list creation, that
could account for it. The error log does indicate that the mbox file or
directory is missing. I should have looked there (slaps forehead).
         I have created the directories and run check_perms -f  to make
sure it's all ok. now all I gotta do is wait for some posts to the lists
(they are not my lists) to see if it works.

Thanks !!!
Mike