[Mailman-Users] listinfo sometimes not displaying public lists?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Apr 30 00:56:47 CEST 2005

RT wrote:

> I've just installed Mailman and I have one public list. The list is
> normally *not* visible in mailman/info, although sometimes it is
> visible. However, it *is* visible at mailman/admin. The strange thing is
> that I can (occasionally) make it visible in mailman/listinfo by doing
> something unrelated (just logging in or logging out, possibly) in the
> admin pages, but I'm not quite sure what.

The thing that makes it appear or not is whether or not the 'host name'
in the accessing URL matches the url_host name of the list (normally
DEFAULT_URL_HOST if you're not using virtual hosts).

If you aren't using virtual hosts, set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = No

in mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman. Then you'll see all public lists on
the server regardless of the accessing URL.