[Mailman-Users] mailman database support ?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Apr 26 23:58:25 CEST 2005

At 1:19 PM +0200 2005-04-26, albert agusti wrote:

>  I've been looking mailman site, archives, etc ... about database support
>  for mailman. I mean by database support the feature to store subscribed
>  users and their options in a relational database like MySQL or Postgres.

	There are LDAP and MySQL member adaptors that have been built for
use with Mailman 2.1.x, but they're patches.  People have reported
that they work well, but they are not a part of the standard package.

	This sort of thing will be fully and properly integrated into the
upcoming "Mailman3" project that is under way, but in the meanwhile
if you want to use a back-end database, you have to use the patches
that have been contributed by the user community.

>  I'm thinking in this feature for scalability purposes. Without database
>  support does mailman scale to high volume lists ? (more that 10.000
>  subsribers)

	10k subscribers is peanuts for Mailman.  With the right hardware,
OS, and software configuration, you can do 100,000 or more.  See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755