[Mailman-Users] Mailman getting stuck while trying to send a message

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sun Apr 24 20:37:28 CEST 2005

--On Sunday, April 24, 2005 7:28 PM +0100 Remi Delon <remi at cherrypy.org>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea as to why Mailman gets stuck trying to send a
> message sometimes ? If a resource (DNS, remote mail server, ...) is
> unavailable, shouldn't it timeout after a while ?

BAsically with *any* mailing list software it needs to be configured to
just take the mail from the mailing list app, and ask questions later.
Same rule goes for LSoft ListServ, majordomo, etc.  The problem you're
running into could be almost anything but i'd bet it has something to do
with bad addresses in the mailing list rather than your mailman version.
Find out what the address is, go to the list admin interface and using your
site pass logging and unsubscribe the junk address.

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you