[Mailman-Users] Selective HTML attachments get zipped

Raheja Nitin-NITINR nitin.raheja at freescale.com
Fri Apr 22 23:49:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

We have Mailman version 2.1.2 running. I recently ran into a queer problem: Selective HTML attachments sent to any list on our site are getting zipped. Mailman seems to be zipping them as they are not zipped when addressed directly to an email address. I have verified that any content filtering is turned off and this only happens with a couple of HTML files. I am able to email other HTML attachments to the lists successfully without Mailman zipping them.

These HTML's are generated by Word, though other HTMLs generated by Word go through to the list unzipped. The size is not a problem as the files getting zipped are ~100k. Due to the confidential nature of parts of the document I am not attaching it here.

Has anyone experienced this behavior with Mailman? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Nitin.

Nitin.Raheja at Freescale.com <mailto:Nitin.Raheja at Freescale.com>
Engineering Support Services
Freescale Semiconductor