[Mailman-Users] OSX config.pck.last problem possible resolution

Terry Allen hmag at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 21 23:47:29 CEST 2005

Hi again,
	As some would know, there seems to be an issue with Mailman
on OSX, where some systems will periodically see the cronjob sending
an error out to root via email in relation to the file
config.pck.last not being able to be re-written or whatever.
	I have had this twice now, both times a couple of days after
a System Update has been applied. On both occasions, I have run
check_perms & the errors have disappeared. My guess here is that the
system update (the latest being 10.3.9) seems to have changed
something critical to Mailman in terms of permissions.
	So, if anyone else is experiencing this problem, I would
suggest trying to run check_perms & see if the problems disappear.
Hope this helps.
--

	Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
	hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd,	Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
	WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: hmag at ozemail.com.au
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400