[Mailman-Users] Umbrella List

Robert Haack haack at nclack.k12.or.us
Mon Apr 18 20:14:19 CEST 2005

I have an umbrella list call all_unit_sec setup with a membership of 5
other lists.  Also I've added Jim Tittsler patch to allow users on
another list to post to this list as well as other lists.  My problem is
that anybody that when a post is sent to this list or any other lists
the message never goes through, or actually it's like the message never
arrives.  If I include actual peoples email addresses those seem to go
through even if I include the all_unit_sec list.  The only other thing I
can think that could be causing some problems is that we didn't want
users to be able to subscribe, unsubscribe to any lists so when I added
the list names to the aliases file I commented out so my aliases file
looks something like this:

## all_unit_sec mailing list
all_unit_sec:              "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post all_unit_sec"
all_unit_sec-admin:        "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman admin all_unit_sec"
all_unit_sec-bounces:      "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman bounces all_unit_sec"
all_unit_sec-owner:        "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman owner all_unit_sec"
#all_unit_sec-confirm:      "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman confirm
all_unit_sec"
#all_unit_sec-join:         "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman join all_unit_sec"
#all_unit_sec-leave:        "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman leave all_unit_sec"
#all_unit_sec-request:      "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman request
all_unit_sec"
#all_unit_sec-subscribe:    "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe
all_unit_sec"
#all_unit_sec-unsubscribe:  "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe
all_unit_sec"

I done this on other lists and it's not a problem so the only
correlation I can think of is the fact that it's an umbrella list.  Does
anybody have any ideas as to what could be going on here?  If so I would
appreciate some ideas, I need to get this working.

--
Robert Haack
Programmer Analyst
haack at nclack.k12.or.us