[Mailman-Users] Setting option flag for all users?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 15 23:54:56 CEST 2005

Jared Smith wrote:

>Jim Tittsler wrote:
> > I think you want to set SuppressPasswordReminders for each member.  And
> > yes, you could do it with withlist.
>
>That worked perfectly and took all of 1 minute to do. THANK YOU!
>
>I would, however, make the recommendation that when send_reminders is set
>0 for a list that imported users should also have the
>SuppressPasswordReminders flag set to 1 rather than 0. As an admin, if I
>don't want reminders sent to my users, then why would every imported user
>have their settings set to receive them, thus overriding my list setting?

You misunderstand the list settings. The users SuppressPasswordReminder
flag enables the user to supress her/his own reminders when
send_reminders is Yes. When send_reminders is No, no reminders are set
regardless of the user's individual SuppressPasswordReminder flag. The
user's setting does not override the list setting in this direction.