[Mailman-Users] MailMan Not Sending

Jess Mooers jmooers at landmannassoc.com
Thu Apr 14 22:15:11 CEST 2005

Dan Phillips <dhphllps at memphis.edu> wrote on Wednesday, April 13, 2005:

>Check the Mailman logs (/usr/share/mailman/logs), specifically post and
>smtp logs. If nothing shows up there related to the above post, then I
>suspect that for some reason the qrunners have stopped. Check
>/mailman/qfiles to see if any directories there's anything in in or
>shunt.
>
>Just out of curiosity, did you install the 2.1.5 upgrade from source
>over Apple's 2.1.2 install, or was it included in a software update
>from Apple? I'm running 2.1.5 on OS X Server 10.2, and one of the
>reasons I haven't updated to Panther was the outdated Mailman included.
>
>Dan

Sorry for the delay in response, had a server to fix in the mean time!

The mailman logs do not give any indication that anything is wrong.  I had this running about a 6 weeks ago, but put it on the back burner for a few other things.  Came back to it and it all of a sudden would not work.

I can't get acces to the qfiles.  From the terminal I get this.

xserve1:/var/mailman/qfiles jmooers$ ls -l
total 0
drwxrwx---   2 mailman  mailman   68  2 Feb 11:18 archive
drwxrwx---   2 mailman  mailman   68 31 Jan 15:04 bounces
drwxrwx---   2 mailman  mailman   68 31 Jan 15:04 commands
drwxrwx---  16 mailman  mailman  544 13 Apr 16:57 in
drwxrwx---   2 mailman  mailman   68 31 Jan 15:04 news
drwxrwx---   2 mailman  mailman   68  2 Feb 13:39 out
drwxrwx---   2 mailman  mailman   68 31 Jan 15:04 shunt
drwxrws---  22 root     mailman  748 13 Apr 17:00 virgin

The install is from Apple, running when I received our new XServe.

Jess Mooers