[Mailman-Users] two subscription requests

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Apr 13 17:13:49 CEST 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 23:08, Rob Shepherd wrote:

> Jim Tittsler wrote:
>> On Apr 13, 2005, at 20:21, Rob Shepherd wrote:
>>> However, when I try and subscribe an address, two confirmation
>>> requests come through. they have different hashes and my mail log
>>> shows two different emails
>>> (so it's definatly mailman doing something twice)
>> Do you get two confirmation mails if you subscribe from the web
>> interface?
>> (If it is only when trying to subscribe via email, I'd look for
>> broken/superfluous aliases.)
>
> OK then first off I apologise, I was sending "subscribe" to
> announce-request and not announce-join. Now it sends only with the
> correct address.

I think there is something else going on, because the -request address
should work.  I'd suggest double checking your aliases.
(~mailman/bin/genaliases can generate the proper list for you.)

> However if I follow the link to confirm and then hit "cancel my
> subscription request"
>
> I get a "we're sorry, we've hit a bug" page.

That is a known bug in Mailman 2.1.5.  A patch is available:

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1045909&group_id=103&atid=300103>
or you can upgrade to the Mailman 2.1.6beta version where it has
already been fixed.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/