[Mailman-Users] Your message to Mailman awaits moderator approval

Michael Lehman mlehman at lehmandesign.ca
Tue Apr 12 22:07:12 CEST 2005

I've set up Mailman version 2.1.5-32 on Fedora Core 3.  I'm using Python
version 2.3.4-13.  I'm currently setting up a list entitled golf.  All
users (3) are local during the testing phase.

Problem:

I'm able to add users OK.  They get confirmation emails "Welcome to the
"Golf" mailing list", following the confirmation email sent to them.

But, when they try to post a message, they get "Your message to Mailman
awaits moderator approval" because either it's a "Post by non-member to
a members-only list" or "Message has implicit destination".

None of the users can send messages out on the list, although the
administrator page shows my members added with all moderator flags off.
All messages are returned, and the list administrator gets the "Mailman
post from user at domain.com requires approval" message for each try.

I've check the error and subscribe logs and they are clean.  I ran:

[root at plantroom bin]# ./check_perms
No problems found

Can anyone help?