[Mailman-Users] header not working in body

Erik Peterson epeterson at edc.org
Mon Apr 11 19:16:48 CEST 2005

I have been trying to get the "Urgent:" header to work and I can't seem
to get it to happen.  I can't modify my MUA's headers to add it
directly, so I was attempting to make "Urgent: <listpassword>" the first
line of the message followed by a blank line and then the original body,
which seems to be indicated in a bunch of emails found while searching
this list...

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg15961.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg16405.html

This was simply ignored by Mailman.  The message was sent out in tact
with this line to the non-digest recipients and held for the digest
recipients.  Don't worry, I'm using a test list...

I made sure that the message was sent in text/plain, no extraneous
characters, the "Urgent: " was the first line of the message, etc.

This is what I received:

><lots of headers...>
>
>Urgent: password
>
>THis is another test