[Mailman-Users] "notification of pending moderator requests" question

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Apr 9 18:22:38 CEST 2005

At 11:02 PM +0000 2005-04-08, larryt at winfirst.com wrote:

>  Thanks to Mark Sapiro, cgi is now mostly working after installing a
>  stable Python (2.4.1).  On the Membership management page, only the
>  "moderation bit" toggle at the bottom appears to remain
>  non-functional.

	Be careful with Python 2.4.  Mailman 2.1.5 is not yet ready for
Python 2.4.  If you're going to run Python 2.4, you need to be using
the latest beta of Mailman 2.1.6.  Otherwise, you need to go back to
the latest version of Python 2.3 if you're going to be using Mailman
2.1.5.

>  Speaking of moderation, when the <Privacy options> <Subscription
>  rules> are set to "Require approval" (or "Confirm and approve"), how
>  can I have the list moderator (or administrator) be sent an immediate
>  notification like the <General Options> "notifices of subscribes and
>  unsubscribes"?  The "Require approval" admin works fine, but the list
>  moderator currently has to check periodically for waiting subscription
>  requests.

	If you've got "immediate moderator notice" turned on, that should
work for all types of notices, not just subscription requests.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755