[Mailman-Users] Can't seem to get permissions straightened out

Steve Pfister spfister at getcoactive.com
Wed Sep 22 00:16:44 CEST 2004

I'm using 2.1.4 under RedHat Linux 9. It seems to mostly work, but I seem to
have problems getting all the permissions straight for my /var/mailman
directory. If I run /var/mailman/bin/check_perms, no problem is found
(usually), but newly created files don't seem to have the correct
permissions. I'm running apache as user nobody, and sendmail is running the
mailman script as mailnull. There is a mailman user, from the RedHat
installation, but I've changed its uid to be the same as the mailnull user.

Is there anywhere that I can see an example directory/permissions stucture
from a working implementation?

Thanks!

--Steve