[Mailman-Users] Incorrect cookie values

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Thu Sep 16 04:19:36 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 01:39:30PM -0400, Iain Smy wrote:
> I figured that the cookie wasn't being set for some reason. Further
> investigation revealed that the cookie is being set but the contains
> incorrect information. The path is being set as /mailman when it
> should be /listname.

It should be /mailman unless you've changed DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN
in your mm_cfg.py.  (Or your lists web_page_url has been
manually set to something else.)

The cookie will be for 'site' if you used the admin password
and allow sitewide admin cookies, or 'listname+admin' if you
used the list password.

> I verified this using the lists that I had previously set up and they
> still continue to set the correct cookie values and I am able to admin
> those lists.
>
> I am running version 2.1.3.
>
> Where can I manually change the values that are being sent in the
> cookie or is there a better solution to this problem?

SecurityManager.py

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/