[Mailman-Users] subscriber managment

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Sep 14 18:15:24 CEST 2004

Chris Barnes wrote:

>Q1: Is there a way to mass add folks to a list WITH their names?
>For example, from the webpage, I see a way to both type in email
>addresses as well as upload an existing text file.  But both of those
>want a list of email addresses only - without the subscriber's real
>name.

In your list or text file, use addresses of the form
  Real Name <address at example.com>

>Q2: On the website for administering a list, under Membership Management
>| Membership list, it breaks down the membership list into small little
>chunks alphabetically (by email address).
>  a) is there a way to get it to just show me the entire list?

You can increase DEFAULT_ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE in mm_cfg.py
# How many members to display at a time on the admin cgi to unsubscribe
them
# or change their options?
DEFAULT_ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE = 30

You can go to http://www.example.com/mailman/roster/listname but this
list has e-mail address only, not name.

You can also use the e-mail who command which does return names as wall
as addresses.

>  b) sorting using either the first or last name rather than
>     email address?

No