[Mailman-Users] Implicit destination

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Tue Sep 14 18:06:09 CEST 2004

On 9/14/2004 8:40, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> In my case of a list with 300 members and 0 to 20 posts per day and a
> web published address, the spam all gets caught in the "non-member"
> filter. Only a couple of member posts have gotten caught in the
> "implicit destination" filter.
>
> I'm not aware of any adverse consequences other than the potential spam.

Other adverse consequences depend on the population of list members.

One of them:  we have some who seem to think that CC'ing to all their
friends and BCC'ing the list is somehow clever.  What it does, of course, is
reveal a bunch of addresses to the list members...the owners of the
addresses may be less than pleased.

When I get that kind of implicit destination hold, I reject it with an
explanation.

  --John