[Mailman-Users] HTML and msg_header Option

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 9 01:08:25 CEST 2004

At 7:59 PM +0000 2004-09-08, gaclark at attglobal.net wrote:

>  Is it possible to included HTML in the msg_header Option? I would like to
>  broadcast an image with a link to a web page in the header of each
>  message.

	Header?  There is a msg_header option that can be set on a
per-list basis, which can include certain pieces of information about
the list, etc....  But this is not put into the actual headers of the
message, but merely pre-pended to any message content that had been
submitted by the poster.  Unfortunately, this has the same problem as
message footers, as discussed in
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

	You can suppress some of the headers that Mailman adds to
incoming messages, especially the "List-" headers, which is explained
at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.001.htp>.
But short of modifying the source code, there is no way I know of to
add your own headers of this type.

>  The list of substitutions for this option appear to exclude this
>capability. I
>  suspect that this feature cannot be accomplished without a customization
>  that is beyond the scape of administrators woth access via cPanel.

	Ahh.  CPanel.  Please see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755