[Mailman-Users] couple quick questions - mailman on obsd

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Mon Sep 6 01:57:50 CEST 2004

So I installed Mailman from ports on OpenBSD 3.5, and added the
following to mm_cfg.py after "from Defaults import *"

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mailman.code404.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman.code404.com'

yet messages that are sent out still reference localhost.my.domain.

I restarted mailman via mailmanctl just in case that was necessary (I
don't think it should be anyway), and tried reversing the order too.
Nothing weird in the Mailman logs that I can find. Must be missing
something dumb... anyone have any ideas?

Also, I should know this one, but what is needed for Apache (1.3.29) to
recognize the stuff in cgi-bin/ as executable without the .cgi
extension? I don't see anything weird in the Apache config on a FreeBSD
machine w/ a similar setup, yet if I go to the appropriate link on the
new machine, it just spits out the contents of the file rather than
executing it. Didn't see anything in the install documentation that
suggests the need to add anything for this.

In the VirtualHost container, I have:

DocumentRoot /usr/local/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
ServerName mailman.code404.com
ServerAlias mailman.code404.com
UseCanonicalName off
Options Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI

Alias /pipermail/ "/var/spool/mailman/archives/public/"

<Directory "/var/spool/mailman/archives/public/">
        AllowOverride All
        AddDefaultCharset Off
</Directory>

Since I want it to show up at the base domain, there's no ServerAlias.
I'm sure I'm probably missing something important here too - someone
want to clue me in?

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."