[Mailman-Users] Odd smtp-error

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Oct 24 04:18:29 CEST 2004

At 7:48 PM -0400 2004-10-23, Rich West wrote:

>  Again, is there any way to "turn up" the logging or something.. anything..
>  within mailman?  The logs, so far, are pretty much useless in that they
>  simply echo that DSN error..

	Regretfully, unless you want to go into the Mailman source code
and add commands to create more logging information, I don't believe
that there is anything else you can do to get Mailman to produce more
logging information than you're already getting.

	However, you can certainly turn up the logging within sendmail.
That might provide some extra clues that could help you figure out
what the problem is.  This could include getting more detail from the
MTA side about the conversation it is having with Mailman.  I know
that's only one side of the conversation, but it could still be
useful.

	I'm sorry, I've been doing mail systems administration for about
thirteen years now (working primarily with sendmail and postfix), and
this still smells like an MTA problem to me.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755