[Mailman-Users] Unusual Mailman error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 22 20:46:26 CEST 2004

Matt Singerman wrote:

>I am running an installation of Mailman 2 on an OpenBSD server, running
>several mailing lists.  The one list in particular I am having problems
>with is:

>The problem is that if you try and view the subscribers' list (which is
>open to list members), you are redirected to:
>
>http://list.mchoralhealth.org/mailman/subscribe/cohp
>
>Instead of the proper page:
>
>http://list.mchoralhealth.org/mailman/roster/cohp
>
>What on earth could be causing this?  I am contemplating saving out the
>subscribers list and config file, deleting, and recreating the list.
>Anyone have any less drastic suggestions?

The listinfo.html template for this list has been messed up in editing.

When the subscribe stuff was moved to the bottom, the line which becomes

    <FORM Method=POST
ACTION="http://list.mchoralhealth.org/mailman/subscribe/cohp">

 in the final page and which probably looks like

    <MM-Subscribe-Form-Start>

in the template needs to be moved down below the other forms on the
page.

The real problem is that in the standard template, the subscribe form
actually begins in the middle of the "About" section instead of within
the "Subscribing" section. This leads to exactly the kind of error you
made when trying to rearrange things on the page.