[Mailman-Users] lists' configs keepplace

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 20 22:18:51 CEST 2004

vetchi-v at msiu.ru wrote:

>It's true or false that mailman's configs keeps ONLY in pickle files
>*.pck?
>Can I restore my pck files?

list configuration is in lists/listname/config.pck with a recent backup
in lists/listname/config.pck.last.

>I spailed it files and mailman works very strange - mails are passed but
>when i'm going to listinfo I'm get a "We're sorry , we hit a BUG".
>But general and some others administrative pages for list look
>correctly.
>
>It's look a like my Piclkle files are spailed only somewhere in "middle"
>of file, because it seems that some infirmation from *.pck mailman cat
>extract.

Command line tools can be used to check integrity and extract
information from these files. See the following for more information

bin/check_db --help
bin/config_list --help
bin/dumpdb --help
bin/list_members --help