[Mailman-Users] Unneeded Moderator approval

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 20 18:55:22 CEST 2004

Cynthia Robey wrote:

>I am new to this Mailman stuff so I hope I am explaining it clearly
>enough. I have created a couple of mail lists for my school. They work
>fine except whenever someone who has subscriber and poster privileges
>posts a message I as a subscriber receive the message they sent at the
>same time or very shortly thereafter that I as moderator get an email
>asking me approve it. Since the messages are obviously getting through,
>is there a setting change I need to make to stop receiving the
>unnecessary approval request messages

I'm guessing that by "poster privileges" you mean a subscriber who is
not moderated on an otherwise moderated list. Is that correct?

I don't know what's happening. What does the approval e-mail say is the
reason the post is held? Is there another moderator or administrator
who might be "quicker" than you at approving the messages?