[Mailman-Users] Listserv

John Hamlin johnh at news.oregonian.com
Wed Oct 13 17:58:12 CEST 2004

I've attached an example excel version of a mailman list. Column E is in
exactly the correct format for a cut & paste insertion into Mailman web
Mass Subscription form. That column can also be saved as a notepad file
and then imported to Mailman. This approach saved my bacon when a former
host went belly-up and I had to move to a new host and recreate
everything from this file, my only backup!

_____________________________________
John Hamlin, News Systems Director
The Oregonian
1320 S.W. Broadway, Portland OR 97201
503.221.8061, Fax: 503.294.5030
E-mail: johnh at news.oregonian.com
_____________________________________
.
.

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 03:34:35PM -0700, Heather Carpenter wrote:
> I realize your products are free, however it would be great if we are
able
> to insert a persons name next to their e-mail address in the list,
and be
> able to export the list of members to an excel spreadsheet.  Your
reply
> would be appreciated.

If you are using a Mailman 2.1.x version, each subscriber's entry
can include a full name.

You can list the members using the bin/list_members program
from the shell prompt on your Mailman server.  (Use the
--fullnames option to include the members' names.)

If you don't have shell access on the server, you can use a
script to visit the list administration pages and build a
list of subscribers.  (It also has a --fullnames option.)
  http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/