[Mailman-Users] Recipient filter and mbox problem

Paul Key pkey at sghms.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 13:09:29 CEST 2004

<>I have changed the recipient filter to ‘no ‘- “Must posts have list
named in destination (to, cc) field (or be among the acceptable alias
names, specified below)? “ for a list called testlist but funnily enough
I had to do this under the ‘mailman’ list to get it to work not testlist
– any ideas why?

Now messages get through directly to the recipient with out having to be
moderated. However they don’t go into the testlist.mbox file (archive).
This only happens if the emails have the mailman server’s explicit
address – which I don’t want. Where do the emails go in terms of the
archive? And how can I set recipient filter to no AND get the emails in
the lists mbox file?
<http://mailman.sghms.ac.uk/mailman/admin/testlist/?VARHELP=privacy/recipient/require_explicit_destination>

thanks

paul