[Mailman-Users] Subscribing users via an email to a 'require approval' list

Guy Waugh gwaugh at scu.edu.au
Thu Oct 14 09:02:22 CEST 2004

Greetings,

I would like to be able to subscribe people to a Mailman 2.1.5 list by
sending an email to the Mailman server. The list is set up such that
subscription requests require the list administrator's approval before
becoming active.

It looks like it is possible to subscribe to a list via email by sending
a mail to '<listname>-subscribe@<listhost>', but I can't seem to locate
doco on the email structure required (if any).

I'd like, if possible, to subscribe users via the email method without
the list administrator having to approve the subscription request. The
email would be sent by a script that I use to add users to my systems.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Ideally, if it is possible, the
subscription request email would contain the list admin password, I
guess, or else anyone could subscribe themselves via the email method...

Thanks in advance,
Guy.