[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.5 crashing

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Wed Oct 13 07:55:51 CEST 2004

At 16:46 12.10.2004 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 16:18, Sasa Stupar wrote:
> > Version is 2.1.5 as I stated in the subject.
>
>Sorry, finger fumble on my part, you did state that, I meant to ask what
>python version. I've heard an assertion, but not verified by anything
>I've seen that running mailman 2.1.5 with anything less than python 2.3
>can lead to random crashes, a RH 8 system won't have the latest python
>unless you've installed a newer python yourself.
>
> > The last message in the log is: Starting mailman: succeeded.
>
>mailman did no processing inbetween being restarted and crashing? Did
>you look at all the logs, including the SMTP logs?
>
>After you restart mailman does the master qrunner process persist until
>it crashes at some distant random point in the future or does it almost
>immediately exit?
>
>I assume you're not running a Red Hat supplied mailman RPM on your Red
>Hat system based on the need to remove stale locks since our init.d
>script always passes the -s flag to mailmanctl and you don't need to
>invoke mailmanctl directly. Have you tried a Red Hat RPM?
>
>You might try setting the core file limit so you generate a core file
>(uname -c XXX). This needs to be done in the environment that starts
>mailman.
>--
>John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Python is 2.2.1. Maybe this is problem. I will upgrade it.
There is nothing in the logs inbetween being restarted and crashing.
Master qrunner persists and crash randomly and not immediatly.
I am not using Red Hat supplied mailman RPM but I am using it's init script
with path to program modifications.
Mailman from RH is an old version, that's why I installed the latest one.
I'll try your propositions and will see.

----
Sasa Stupar